- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 to 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
In large stock pot add water and 1 teaspoon salt, bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain potatoes without rinsing and return to pan.
Add remaining ingredients and mash potatoes with hand masher or electric beater until you’ve achieved your desired consistency, from chunky to smooth.