- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried sour cherries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and sauté the shallots and thyme for 1 to 2 minutes or until a little golden on the edges.
Add the rhubarb, hazelnuts and cherries and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in the honey, red wine vinegar and the remaining olive oil.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.