- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 6 tablespoons neutral-tasting oil
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, white spelt flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish, dusting lightly with flour and shake out the excess.
Blend soy milk, oil, maple syrup, bananas and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add banana mixture and combine, using as few strokes as possible to avoid overmixing. Fold in walnuts.
Scrape into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.