- 4 ounces udon noodles
- 1 large carrot, grated or cut into thin strips
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 leaves winter greens such as chard or kale, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup peanut sauce, or to taste (PCC carries several excellent brands)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot sauce or chili oil, to taste
- Zesty Orange and Sesame Marinated Tofu
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- Peanuts or cashews for garnish
Cook the udon noodles according to package directions. Refresh in cold water and drain.
Combine the noodles with the carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper, winter greens, peanut sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce. Adjust the seasoning to your taste with more peanut sauce or hot sauce and gently fold in the tofu.
Serve the salad chilled and garnished with a generous amount of cilantro, basil and peanuts or cashews.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member