- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, washed
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup nonfat quark
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 3/4 cups four-cheese blend
- 1/2 bunch green onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Wash potatoes and prick each one several times with a fork. Lay the potatoes either directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until completely tender when poked with a fork. Let cool. When cool, cut in half and carefully scoop out pulp and place in a mixing bowl. Save skins.
Sauté onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until soft but not brown, about 8 minutes. Using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, an electric hand mixer, or a large whisk, blend the onion mixture with potato pulp, quark, salt and Romano cheese until smooth.
Fill potato skins with mixture. Top with four-cheese blend and bake until the cheese has melted.
Garnish with green onion and a sprinkle of paprika.