For the cream cheese crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into dice
- 8 ounce package softened cream cheese, cut into cubes
For the turkey filling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup each milk and chicken broth, combined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cups leftover cooked turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups sliced cooked carrots
- 6 small white onions, quartered and cooked
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- An egg wash made by beating 1 large egg with a teaspoon of water
Combine butter into flour and salt until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cream cheese and blend just until a dough forms. Form into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill for 1 hour, or until firm enough to roll.
In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in 3 tablespoons flour, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly add the combined milk and broth and cook, whisking until thickened. Add rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
Layer turkey, carrots, onions and peas in buttered individual ramekins or a single greased 2 1/2-quart casserole. Pour the thickened sauce over turkey vegetable mixture.
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Roll chilled dough on lightly floured board into 1/4-inch thickness. Cut to fit the individual ramekins or casserole dish you are using.
Place pastry on top of pie and crimp edge to seal. Cut slits for venting air. Brush with the egg wash and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until dough is golden.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member