- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 to 8 cups hot chicken stock
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 cups cooked and cubed butternut squash or pumpkin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre, crumbled
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, sage and thyme; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour rice into pan and stir to coat with oil. Continue stirring rice until the edges are translucent and rice smells toasted, about 3 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and simmer until reduced.
Add hot stock, one cup at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed. Continue adding stock until rice is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in turkey, squash, spinach and chèvre; heat through. Serve immediately.