- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 whole tomatoes, diced, plus juice, or one 14.4-ounce can diced tomatoes
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion, rosemary and salt and cook until the onions start to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the brown sugar, orange zest, oregano and basil, along with the vinegar; reduce sauce to a glaze. Add the tomatoes and cook to a jam consistency, about 10 minutes longer.