- 6 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bulk Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, washed, dried and cut in thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove, plus additional garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1-inch slices of baguette or another rustic bread, cut on an angle
Place the diced tomatoes in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add the basil and toss gently, then add olive oil and minced garlic. Stir well to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Grill or toast the bread until golden brown. While the bread is still warm, rub both sides with the garlic halves.
Spoon a generous serving of tomatoes onto each garlic-rubbed toast; serve immediately to keep the bread from getting soggy.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member