- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon brown rice miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and broken into pieces
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, lemon zest, miso and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until garlic is minced. Add tofu and pulse until it is crumbled.
Add spinach and basil leaves, in small amounts that fit into the food processor, and pulse until the mixture has a ricotta-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper.