- Serves: 6 to 8
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- Each serving
- 300 cal
- 15g fat (2g sat)
- 0mg chol
- 340mg sodium
- 38g carb
- 10g fiber
- 5g protein
- 1 cup millet
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 2 fennel bulbs – stalks removed, halved and cut into 1-inch wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 4 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add millet and toast, stirring frequently, until light brown and fragrant, about 7 minutes. Carefully add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until millet is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425° F. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Toss with fennel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet in the oven until fennel is tender and golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent sticking.
Whisk together remaining oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and mustard. Combine dressing, cooked millet, fennel, tangerines, avocado, olives and mint in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member