- 6 slices of hearty whole grain bread
- Honey mustard, to taste
- Slices and pieces of leftover turkey (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup or so leftover gravy
- 1 cup or so leftover mashed potatoes, yams or stuffing (or all 3!)
- Thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups shredded white cheddar
- Cranberry sauce
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Toast the bread and spread each slice with a little honey mustard. Toss the turkey together with the gravy and pile it on the bread. Top with the potatoes, yams or stuffing (or all 3!) and a few rings of red onion if you choose.
Arrange the piled-up, open-face sandwiches in a baking pan, with the edges touching, and sprinkle the cheese over the whole thing.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot through and bubbly. Cut apart and serve with cranberry sauce and a knife and fork.