- Cooking oil spray
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Guacamole and salsa, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
Place potatoes in a saucepot and cover with salted water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and let steam for 5 minutes (to evaporate extra water).
Combine potatoes, sour cream, cheese, cumin, salt and pepper. Thoroughly mash and mix; fold in green onions.
Wrap tortillas with a damp towel and warm just until pliable, in the oven for 3 minutes or in a microwave for 30 seconds.
Place about 2 tablespoons potato mixture in the center of a tortilla, forming a thin line down the center. Roll up and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet; secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
Spray with cooking oil and bake until crisp and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving with guacamole and salsa.