- Serves: 6 to 8
- Ingredient Notes: Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Fragrant black rice is mixed with fresh tangerines, fresh herbs and a tangerine-lime vinaigrette for a hearty side dish. For a complete meal, serve alongside seared fish or grilled chicken.
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups black rice, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tangerine juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 lime leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 tangerines, segmented
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
In a saucepan, combine stock, rice and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine tangerine and lime juices, lime leaves and sesame oil. Pour vinaigrette over warm rice.
Toss tangerine segments, green onions, mint, cilantro, red onions and almonds into rice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member