- 2 ripe medium-size bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats, cooked or soaked
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, sunflower or pumpkin seed)
- 1/2 cup seeds (hemp, pumpkin or sunflower)
- 1/2 cup honey or your favorite liquid sweetener
- 1/3 cup dried fruit such as cranberries or raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, plus more for coating
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (rice or hemp)
In a bowl, mash bananas and mix in remaining ingredients. The mixture should have a dough-like consistency. If too wet, add more coconut flakes and protein powder.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in coconut flakes until they’re thoroughly coated. Place balls on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours. Store in either the refrigerator or freezer.
Cook an extra cup of oatmeal with your breakfast in the morning and store the leftovers in the fridge until you are ready to prepare the protein balls.