- 6 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Greek yogurt or ice cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine cherries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice. Place in a 8-inch square baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and nutmeg. Work butter into mixture with a pastry cutter or your hands until it makes a crumbly texture. Fold in almonds. Spread crisp topping over cherries and press gently to set in place.
Bake until bubbly and the crisp is golden, about 40 minutes. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or ice cream.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member