- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 to 4 crushed allspice berries
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions for about 5 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
Stir all remaining ingredients into onions and bring to a boil. Continue stirring until jelly dissolves. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer gently until cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve hot.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member