- 1 pound flank or skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4 to 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Lime wedges, for serving
Place steak in a shallow bowl or dish and rub with cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour lime juice and oil over the top; cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a skillet or grill pan over high heat.
Add marinated steak and cook 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
While steak is resting, cook peppers and onions in the same skillet or grill pan until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Top flour tortillas with sliced steak and peppers. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.