Spring is the perfect time to use fresh, tender baby greens. You can use purple sprouting broccoli, kale raab or rapini in this fresh and fun recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 heads purple sprouting broccoli, kale raab or rapini, trimmed off rough ends and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add greens and cook until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook for 1 additional minute. Splash with vinegar to deglaze the pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
Brush the pastry sheet with mustard. Fold over edges of pastry 1/8-inch on all sides; crimp with a fork to form a rim. Place pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
Spread greens mixture evenly over the pastry and top with Parmesan.
Bake until pastry is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Slice into pieces and serve at room temperature.