- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (in bulk at PCC)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups shelled nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios)
- 3 tablespoons turbinado or muscovado sugar
Preheat oven to 250° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
In a large saucepan combine butter, syrup, water, salt, cinnamon and chili powder. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Romove from heat, then mix in nuts and stir to coat evenly.
Spread nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed or parchment paper to cool.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.