- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or cashews
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or for spicier nuts, use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Mix all ingredients together in a shallow, rimmed baking sheet. Spread out in a single layer.
Bake about 45 minutes, until all the moisture is absorbed and nuts are fragrant and nicely browned. Stir occasionally, breaking up clumps.
Cool and store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature or up to 1 month in the refrigerator or freezer.