- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild honey
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 4 cups packed spicy salad greens, such as radish greens, watercress and/or arugula, tough stems discarded
- 4 cups packed frisée (French curly endive), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, rind removed and cheese shaved into 32 thin slices
- 8 small Bartlett pears
Cook pumpkin seeds in 1 tablespoon oil in a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until puffed and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels and reserve oil. Season seeds with salt and pepper.
Whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and reserved oil from skillet in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
Divide greens and cheese among salad plates. Cut off 2 opposite sides of each pear (reserve for another use), and slice lengthwise. Arrange a pear slice on each plate and drizzle dressing over salads. Sprinkle with seeds.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member