- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, toasted and crushed (see note)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Equal Exchange cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup powdered dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Place in a container or bag.
Tie on a label with these instructions:
To make the hot cocoa, add 3 tablespoons to 6 ounces of boiling water. Stir until chocolate chips dissolve.
To toast the anise seed, stir it in a heavy pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes, then cool and crush.