- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 4 piquillo peppers, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 2 green onions with green tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, piquillo peppers, tomato, cucumber, green onions and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and whisk thoroughly to combine.
Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine, then fold in goat cheese. Refrigerate to blend flavors or serve immediately.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member