- Your favorite bread or crispbread (Wasa and Ryvita are good)
Topping ideas (use any combination)
- Gouda or Jarlsberg are traditional, but nearly any cheese works
- Cold-cuts or smoked or cured meats, such as salami or PCC’s smoked salmon
- Sliced hard-boiled eggs
- Shrimp (Oregon pink shrimp, available cooked in PCC meat departments, are perfect)
- Sliced tomato, cucumber, radishes or other veggies, and a sprig of parsley for garnish!
Spread bread or crisp with butter then layer on the toppings, mixing and matching to suit your fancy. Enjoy immediately!