- 10 ounces fresh or frozen tortellini
- 1/2 cup zucchini slices
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
- Any other bright garden vegetables you love
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce (PCC sells a delicious, local brand: Cucina Fresca)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta just until al dente, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon or small strainer and rinse in cold water.
Place the pot back on the stove and add the zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli and any other vegetables you may add that need blanching. Simmer for a scant 2 minutes and remove. If you’re not going to cook the pasta dish right away, refresh the veggies in cold water and drain.
In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, red peppers, olives, basil leaves and any other vegetables. Stir for 1 minute. Add the pasta and the Alfredo sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is hot and the pasta is heated through. Serve garnished with the grated Parmesan.
You may grill or sauté the vegetables to be added to the pasta instead of blanching them.