- 10 to 12 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice or sherry wine vinegar, to taste
- 1 8-ounce package pumpkin or butternut squash ravioli (find these in the refrigerated section of the PCC Deli)
- Dried cranberries for garnish
Trim the outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts and run them through the 4-millimeter slicing blade of your food processor. (Or just cut them into thin slices with a knife.)
In a large sauté pan, combine the butter and olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic, Brussels sprouts, hazelnuts and sage. Cook, stirring frequently, until the Brussels sprouts begin to caramelize and are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice or vinegar. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Serve the sprouts spooned over the hot ravioli and scattered with dried cranberries.