- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) skin-on halibut fillets
- 4 tablespoons tamari, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced rhubarb, tossed with 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 pasilla or poblano chile, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Place fillets in a parchment-lined baking dish. Brush with 2 tablespoons tamari and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness, or until halibut is just opaque through. Don’t overcook!
While halibut is roasting, heat oil in a heavy sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a scant 30 seconds. Add rhubarb and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add green onions, bell peppers and pasilla peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Reduce heat to low and add remaining 2 tablespoons tamari, sweet chili sauce, vinegar and lime juice. Cook to heat through.
Place halibut on each of 4 plates and serve the sauce over the top. Serve garnished with thinly sliced green onions.
You may accompany this dish with steamed rice.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member