- Assorted berries such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- Various colors of grapes
- Assorted fruit such as cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, mango, oranges, kiwi, plums, nectarines, papaya, star fruit, etc.
- Champagne Sauce (recipe follows)
- Fresh blossoms such as lavender, nasturtiums, carnations or pansies
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, capped and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender blossoms (or substitute 1 teaspoon dried blossoms)
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Clean the berries and set aside. Cut the grapes into small clusters with shears and wash well. Peel and seed the rest of the fruits (where necessary) and cut everything (except the grapes) into slices.
Fan out the melons on a serving platter. Surround with the slices of the additional fruit. Mound bunches of grapes in various spots. Pile up the berries here and there. Garnish the tray with fresh flowers. Serve the Champagne Sauce in a small bowl on the side.
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree. Chill well.