- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white parts and a little of the light green part, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound shiitake or crimini mushrooms, stems removed, and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add milk, salt and pepper and whisk until thoroughly combined.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet. Add leeks and sauté until they begin to soften, 5 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms; continue to sauté until mushrooms have released their fluid and are soft, another 5 to 8 minutes.
Pour egg mixture over sautéed vegetables and stir to combine. Allow to cook on the stovetop for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle feta over the top of eggs, pushing cheese into egg mixture so it is submerged.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The top of the frittata should be golden yellow and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.