- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large or 8 small slices sourdough, whole wheat or other favorite artisan bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
Whisk 2 tablespoons chives, crème fraîche (if using), and eggs in a large bowl. Melt butter in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally scraping bottom of skillet with a heatproof spatula to form large, soft curds, until just barely set, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
Place 2 slices of toast on each plate. In a bowl, mash avocado with a fork and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread mashed avocado over each slice of toast. Spoon eggs over avocado. Drape salmon slices over eggs, garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon chives, and season to taste with pepper.