- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and thickly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 12 to 16 chanterelles, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half or quarters lengthwise
- 1 semi-ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup hard pear or apple cider
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- Dried cranberries and chopped herbs, for garnish
Heat a heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter and shallot slices. Sauté the shallots for about 1 minute and add the chanterelles. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms and shallots are starting to become tender and lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Add the pears, herbs, salt and a generous amount of ground pepper. Sauté this mixture for 2 minutes.
Add the pear cider and cook until most of the liquid has reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup and sherry vinegar and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with dried cranberries and additional chopped herbs.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member