- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek (white and pale-green parts only) — halved, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet — skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 5 ounces baby spinach
Melt butter in a heavy sauce pot over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, stirring occasionally, until leek is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes and cauliflower; season with salt and pepper. Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are fork tender, 7 to 9 minutes.
Add salmon and simmer until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in half-and-half, dill and spinach and briefly cook until spinach wilts and soup is heated through.