- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw green pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted red pepper
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a roasting pan, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, cumin, ginger and garam masala. Stir to combine and bake until the potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar, mango chutney, Dijon, honey, garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil. Simmer over medium-low heat until combined. Remove from heat and add cranberries to the dressing. Set aside while preparing remaining ingredients.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and cook, stirring, until toasted. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
Assemble salad by gently tossing the hot roasted potatoes with the dressing. Add the green onions and red peppers and combine. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. This may be served room temperature or cold; do not add pumpkin seeds until ready to serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member