- 2 rutabagas, trimmed and scrubbed
- 3 to 4 carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 ruby or golden beets, peeled
- 1 large leek, white and tender green part cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Cut all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Toss each kind of vegetable separately with a coating of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the veggies out in a single layer on sheet pans and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all are fork tender and caramelized around the edges. Sprinkle with the dill.
You also may add parsnips, yams, potatoes, celery root or any other root vegetable that catches your eye!
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member