- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnishing
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Place two rimmed baking sheets in the oven for 4 minutes to heat.
Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and onions with olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Very carefully spread the vegetables on the hot baking sheets. Roast, shaking the pan once or twice to turn vegetables, until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar, basil and olives. Serve warm with sprigs of fresh basil.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member