- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 to 3 kohlrabi – trimmed, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac or ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 ounces mixed baby greens
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Place two rimmed baking sheets in the oven for 4 minutes to heat. Meanwhile, toss cauliflower, kohlrabi, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Very carefully spread the vegetables on the hot baking sheets. Roast, shaking the pan once or twice to turn florets, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Whisk together tahini, water, lemon juice, zest, garlic and sumac or cumin in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper; add additional water to thin the sauce, if desired. Fold in parsley.
Toss roasted vegetables and tahini sauce together. Just before serving, mix with baby greens. Serve warm or at room temperature.