- 1 small butternut squash
- 1/4 cup plus 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil, for sautéing
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups baby mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 4 ounces chèvre cheese
- Sliced prosciutto (optional)
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Peel squash and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss with 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
Heat high-heat oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium heat and add leeks. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add maple syrup and cranberries and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until cranberries start to pop.
In a small bowl, stir together vinegar and 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and stir to heat through.
Toss salad greens or spinach with a little of the warm dressing. Arrange on 4 plates, top with roasted squash, hazelnuts, chèvre and prosciutto and spoon over the remaining dressing.