- 1 cup quinoa – red or white varieties (a combination of the two is nice)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup snap or snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup English cucumber, small pieces
- 1 cup red pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, plus zest
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Place the quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse thoroughly. Place in a small saucepan along with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes to finish steaming. Place steamed quinoa in a large salad bowl to allow to cool.
Whisk dressing ingredients together and add to quinoa. Add prepared vegetables and stir to coat. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend and adjust seasonings.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member