- 1 stalk broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 zucchini, cut in large pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
Prepare broccoli by removing crown from stem. Peel and chop stem. Separate crown into flowerets.
Meanwhile, heat a 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and leeks; sauté briefly. Add broccoli and continue to sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini and bell peppers; sauté for 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Add salt, fennel seeds and black pepper. Pour in broth and add quinoa. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until broccoli is fork-tender and quinoa is cooked.
Blend soup with remaining herbs until smooth. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member