- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, butter and shallots. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined. Fold in 1 cup cheese.
Evenly divide batter in the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin with remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffins are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool in the tin 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack. Best served warm.