- Yields: 12 muffins
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 220 cal
- 15g fat (8g sat)
- 70mg chol
- 150mg sodium
- 18g carb
- 3g fiber
- 2g sugars
- 7g protein
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, butter and shallots. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined. Fold in 1 cup cheese.
Evenly divide batter in the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin with remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffins are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool in the tin 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack. Best served warm.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member