- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 (8-ounce) package mole simmer sauce (see note)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 sprouted corn tortillas, or your favorite variety, warmed
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, to serve (optional)
Place pork in a slow cooker and cover with mole sauce; turn to coat. Cook, covered, until meat is very tender, 4 to 5 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low. When tender, shred with two forks and stir pork into cooking liquid. Combine mango, jicama, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl; toss gently. To serve, arrange pulled pork on tortillas and top with Mango-Jicama Salad. Add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Alternatively, use 2 cups of your favorite beer or chicken stock and season with 3 tablespoons Mexican seasoning (available in our bulk section) and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.