- 2 tablespoons powdered soup base
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lightly crushed fennel seeds
- 2 cups rice and lentil pilaf
- 1 cup dried veggies
- 1 bay leaf
In a small bowl, mix soup base with all the spices except bay leaf. Pour into the bottom of acontainer or bag. Carefully pour in rice and lentil pilaf in a layer on top, then make another layer using dried veggies. Slide bay leaf down the front so that it’s visible.
Attach the following recipe:
Place contents of bag in a large pot. Add 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Add up to 2 more cups water near the end of cooking time to adjust consistency to taste.