- Oil, for pan
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared pesto
Preheat oven to 450° F. Position a rack on the lowest shelf. Generously oil a popover or muffin tin.
Blend eggs, milk and salt in a blender until smooth (or beat by hand). Add flour and blend until there are no lumps. Stir in butter and pesto. Pour popover batter into each cup, about 1/2 full.
Bake for 20 minutes. Do not open the oven door! Reduce heat to 350° F and bake until golden brown, an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and make a small slit in each popover with a knife or skewer to allow steam to escape; serve immediately.