- 1 apple – peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
Combine apples, honey, lemon zest and thyme in a small bowl.
Lay out puff pastry on a work surface. Spread apple mixture evenly over the top. To shape the palmier, roll one edge of pastry to form a pinwheel, stopping in the middle. Roll the opposite edge to make a second pinwheel. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Remove palmier roll from the fridge and cut into 16 even slices. Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until puffed and golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.