- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 chile pepper, minced or a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water, to blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 fresh tomatoes, cored and chopped into quarters
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained cut into small cubes
- 1/2 to 1 bunch fresh mustard greens, coarsely chopped
- Cooked brown rice or rice noodles, for serving (optional)
In a blender, mix peanut butter, garlic, ginger, molasses, honey, sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, chile pepper and stock. Adjust seasoning and thickness of the sauce to taste and set aside.
In large sauté pan, sauté tomatoes in oil until softened. Add peanut sauce and tofu. Cover and cook over low heat for 7 to 10 minutes. Add greens a minute before serving. Serve over brown rice or rice noodles.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member