- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cups diced carrots (dice to size of kidney beans)
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 24 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add oil, celery, carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, chili powder and salt. Sauté until veggies are soft, 8 to 12 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and beans. Cook 30 minutes to fully combine chili, adding water if necessary, but remember this is chili, not a soup, so it should be fairly thick. Finish with cilantro.