- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch of crushed red chili pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons PCC Barbecue Sauce
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Grind oats in a food processor until they’re roughly chopped. Combine oats, turkey, vegetables and spices in a large bowl; mix well. Form turkey mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Spread 1/2 of the Barbecue Sauce on top of the turkey loaf. Bake the loaf in the oven until the internal temperature taken with an instant read thermometer reaches 165° F, about 1 hour. Top meatloaf with remaining Barbecue Sauce and bake for 10 more minutes.