- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds extra-firm tofu
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped dried chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound (about 4) Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/4 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds (see note)
Steam or boil potatoes until fully tender, at least 15 minutes. Rinse to cool.
Drain and rinse tofu and crumble it into a large bowl.
Whisk together Vegenaise, Dijon, turmeric, chives, salt and pepper until dressing is blended. Mash tofu and dressing together well using gloved hands.
Gently mix the potatoes, tomatoes, green onions, parsley and sunflower seeds into the dressed tofu.
To toast sunflower seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member