- 7 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Vegenaise
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 2 1/2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 bunch green onions, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
To toast sunflower seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk together Vegenaise, relish, vinegar, mustard, miso, nutritional yeast, tumeric, dill, salt and pepper until dressing is blended.
Drain and rinse tofu. Crumble it into a large bowl and mix with dressing using hands. (A food processor will overmix the tofu.)
Add parsley, green onions, carrots, red pepper, celery and sunflower seeds; toss to combine.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member